I set this up so that I can ramble on about my lead (and plastic) mountain, my endless gaming, miniature, and terrain projects, and other

insights into various games.



You'll find lots of 'pretty pictures', various modeling techniques, and hopefully some inspiration for your own lead pile. You're bound to

find something amongst my games and photos that interests you.



Sit back, open a cold one, and enjoy.


If you need something, feel free to contact me at: dglennjr at yah00 dot com









Saturday, December 24, 2011

Battle of Puebla, May 5, 1862, Franco-Mexican War

In May 2008, we ran a Battle of Puebla game using the Johnny Reb Rules.  Since I really didn't have any of the appropriate troops, I enlisted the help of my French Napoleonic troops and some of my ACW zouave units to serve as the French forces and I used a combination of Napoleonic Prussians as the Mexicans.  I made some Mexican flags by gluing paper flags to a pin with a gold ball on the end, so looked like a flagpole with a gold finial, and pushed them into the wood bases.  The game went well and everyone had a good time.

 The town of Puebla is off to the lower right and the ridge with the two forts is to the left of the town. Fort Loreto is in the foreground center and Fort Guadalupe is further back and to the right.

The French move across the countryside.  Fort Guadalupe is on the Mexican right.

 
The contest starts to get heated as the French make it up to the first line of Mexican resistance.

A view from the French starting point.

 An overview of the table.

 Aerial of Fort Guadalupe. (today)

 Aerial of Ft. Loreto. (today)



No comments:

Post a Comment